1. I'm thankful for my health and my (relative) youth. I am not cynical and jaded yet, though some days it feels like I'm getting there. I'm still healthy enough to work hard and chase my dreams, in whatever form they manifest themselves in on any given day.
2. I'm thankful for the people in my life. For the people I love and even the people I hate. Each person that has touched my life has in some way shaped me into who I am. I'm most thankful for those people closest to me, who provide me with a shoulder to lean on and arms for hugs and the knowledge that no matter what happens, I am never ever alone.
3. I'm thankful for being able to have a voice. I'm thankful that I live in a place that, while flawed and frequently broken, is still my home, still allows me to speak what I feel, where I'm safe and protected. Regardless of how things shape up now that the election is over, regardless of who won, we all need to be thankful that we live in a place where we can help choose, and we are still free. It will take more than one person to take that away, and I'm thankful that there are enough people out there who still care enough to protect that freedom.
4. I'm thankful for the things I have - an education, a job, a home. Even when I feel broke and unhappy, I still have so much more than so many other people. I'm thankful that I have enough that it can be taken for granted, and I need to learn to stop taking things for granted. I want to be thankful and grateful every day, not just today.
5. I'm thankful for life. Even on the darkest days, when things seem bleak, I'm thankful that there is always enough light at the end of the tunnel to lead me back out. I'm thankful for every breath I take and for every day that I am given.
What are you thankful for?