In an effort to keep myself on task with posting all of the BiSC recaps in a timely manner (LOL), I did not want to interrupt the series with posts about anything else.
So, naturally, life handed me a bunch of things that I wanted to blog about.
The problem, of course, is that my recap posts are taking forever. For whatever reason. I had to get images. I misplaced my notebook with all my late-night hotel scribbles and thoughts. I was busy. My Internet was down. Where the hell did that notebook go? Photoshop, Photoshop, Photoshop. Hey, when did it get to be July?
Suddenly, it's been two months and I'm still behind and I'm getting frantic with all of the other things that are going unwritten and undocumented. And my need to catch up with myself is suddenly and overpoweringly outweighing my need for everything to be neat and orderly and together. I mean, that's what I have the complete page for anyway, right?
So I'm giving up on being perfectly planned out, and I'm just going to dive back in and get moving.
To get us jump-started again, a snapshot of Things That Have Happened Somewhat Recently.
1. I got to visit my nephew and he was all smiley for Aunt Kelly. I melted. Then resolidified and melted again.
2. My nephew turned two months old. And then he turned three months old. He's getting so big! On the bright side, he's awake a lot more and a lot more alert, which is more fun. (see: Point #1.)
3. I blew my running PR out of the water and clocked in a 50 minute run... which equated to 4.13 miles. FOUR MILES, GUYS. I still feel pretty damn accomplished when I run TWO miles. My brain can't even understand four. You can read more about it over on my running blog, wherein I get much more introspective about it. Incidentally, I'm doing a much better job keeping up with posting over there. Little victories, I guess?
4. I have run two 5Ks, actual events, not just me running around in the park until my total distance reached an equivalent distance, but those should probably get their own posts.
5. Along with the running, I've lost another 5-6 pounds. I'm not keeping super great track, though I did just buy a scale. But because I'm a complete cheapskate, I bought the kind with a dial that always wobbles back and forth so it's not ever really that accurate... but hey, I saved ten dollars.
6. Softball is over, we did okay, overall. They learned a lot and had fun, which is more important than winning All The Games, so in that sense, it was a very successful season. The end of the season is always weird for me, I get pretty attached to my teams. I think it would kill me to be a teacher and to spend a full academic year with a group of kids and then have to say goodbye to them at the end. Three months and I get overly attached. I don't know how they do it. I don't think I could. I should probably designate a full post to that, too, since I spend so much time referencing it in passing without really talking about it. I'll add it to the growing list of things that I mean to do and then never get done.
That hardly catches us up, but it's a start, I guess. How have you been?